During his commencement speech at the University of Austin in 2014, Admiral William McRaven listed 10 things he learned during US Navy Seal training.
One particular piece of advice we keep coming across is the simple habit of making your bed every morning. Here at Riise we are particularly big fans of this as many of us have found that it truly helps brighten our days.
Although making your bed every morning might sound like a mundane task, there is a lot to gain.
1. By doing it well you would have completed your first task of the day.
2. The completion of this task will give you a small sense of pride.
3. This one task completed will lead on many others being completed.
4. It reinforces the fact that the little things in life matter.
5. No matter how bad your day is, you can come home to a well-made bed.
6. A well-made bed represents new opportunity for tomorrow.
Do you make your bed every morning? If not, tempted to try it?